Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So . . . . remember how I said I can't do anything normal??

My brother got married. But more about that later because I don't have the time or patience to load the pics right now.
No, the important thing that I need to post is about how I screwed up myself . . . . AGAIN. The whole thing started because my shoulder has been killing me lately (when is it not?) and no one can put enough pressure on my knot to help it at all. So on Sunday I got a little bit desperate and decided to take matters into my own hands . . . . or cleaning tools more specifically. I decided if I push my shoulder against something just right then that should do the job. I won't tell you everything I tried, but I did try a door frame . . . . that was awkward and ineffective. So then I came up with a STELLAR idea . . . . I'd use a mop! Not a dirty one, I had a new one. So I pushed the mop end against the ceiling and put the other end on my shoulder and stood on my tiptoes to apply pressure. It was not easy, but I'm sure it would make for an interesting visual. So, it didn't really work. It hurt, but not in the good, getting-out-a-knot hurt. More like a there-is-a-mop-sticking-out-of-my-shoulder kind of hurt. So I stopped, defeated. Well, the problem is, yesterday I woke up and my arm was kind of numb/in pain. (It is possible to be numb and in pain. And it sucks.) And it still hurts today. Here's the issue. So, a bundle of your nerves run through your shoulder and down your arm. I'm pretty sure I damaged those nerves. Either that, or they are really pissed and want to make sure I know it. And now I can't write because it hurts too much. Lovely.

Moral of the story - don't try to work your own knots with a mop. It doesn't work too well. You'll thank me later.

1 comment:

Chantel said...

Seriously, you should consider writing a book. Not only do you have the random experiences, but you have the skill of how to write it. Just a thought....