Wednesday, June 6, 2012

So I'm no detective, but I'm pretty sure anyone would consider this a justifiable reason for manslaughter

Ok, so I don't know if you've seen the 'Clean and Clear' commercial but every time I see it I sit and wonder for hours an undetermined amount of time what marketing genius came up with the idea. If you haven't seen it, here's the basic premise:
It's early morning, apparently, and this girl's roommate thinks that it is a grand idea to start playing music. The girl comes in the kitchen and says to quiet down, and the roommate decides that instead of turning down the music, she should insult her instead. She says, "I know what YOU need!" (This is of course a suggestion that her T-Zone is a little shiny) and they then have a face washing party. It all ends with them singing and dancing together in the kitchen.
So . . . in what world is this realistic? First of all, if my roommate suggested to me in the early morning that the reason I'm not in a good mood is because my face isn't clean, we would have a problem. If they then wanted to wash their face with me, I would start looking for a nice way to suggest they move out and find another roommate to be creepy to. If they then decided we should start dancing and singing in the kitchen in the early morning, well, let's just say that would be the beginning of a CSI episode.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL...I can only imagine what would have happened if you had tried to initiate a scene like this growing up.

Amy J said...

What?? I swear this same scene happened when we were roommates...I thought you loved our face washing parties!