Monday, June 8, 2009

So, A look inside the mind of Chelsie . . . it's a scary, scary place folks.

So for those that don't know, I work at Amex in Merchant Services. I talk to tons of people every day and sometimes speak to people whose names are just . . . odd. One that I had a couple of months ago was named Ikram U. Butt . We are supposed to call them Ms. or Mr. and their last name, but I just couldn't call him Mr. Butt. I couldn't do it. I called him sir, and thankfully didn't laugh while I was on the call. Then I got another weird one today, and his name was LaBoob Butt. (What is with all the butts?) And being the freak that I am I wondered how the heck someone would name their kid LaBoob Butt. Then I got a visual of his mom in labor with him and after 20 something hours in labor she was ticked and tired and was angry that the kid wouldn't just come out already. When he is finally born the nurses whisk him away and one nurse turns to the mom and says,
"I need a name for the boy. You know, to put on his birth certificate."
The mom is still gasping for breath after working so hard for the little guy and is well, a little hormonal and says,
" I DON'T CARE!! I'm tired and I want to sleep! Leave me alone!"
The nurse looks at her and says,
" I understand that. But this is your son, and he needs a name."
The mom, now even more angry says,
" FINE!! I'll name him LaBoob Butt."
The nurse looks confused and said
" Um, but your last name is Jones."
and the mom says,
"Yeah, well, he came OUT OF MY BUTT!"
This is how my mind works. Its very entertaining but makes me wonder if I should be kept in padded room at all times.

1 comment:

Amy J said...

You crack me up! Seriously though, who has the last name butt? I would be legally changing my name!...maybe to something like Princess Consuela Banana Hammock. Sure beats LaBoob Butt...